United Way supports PA 211, a free and confidential service that helps people across PA find the local resources they need 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When a crisis hits, having somewhere to turn is invaluable. For millions of people, that place is PA 211.
PA 211 is the only free, confidential, 24/7/365 service that connects Pennsylvanians with all the health and human services in their area that are available to help. It’s the first stop for Pennsylvania residents experiencing housing insecurity. Whether they are seeking help with utility bills, housing assistance, after-school programs for kids or have other requests, dialing 2-1-1 will connect them with a local resource specialist for free.
To access these resources, dial 2-1-1 or 855-567-5341 or text your zip code to 898-211. To chat online with a PA 211 resource navigator, visit www.pa211.org, start a search for resources and select the option to chat. PA 211 also features a chat translation tool at www.pa211.org which allows customers to interact with PA 211 in 75 different languages.
Through PA 211, you’ll find information about:
- Supplemental food and nutrition programs
- Shelter and housing options and utilities assistance
- Emergency information and disaster relief
- Employment and education opportunities
- Services for veterans
- Health care, vaccination and health epidemic information
- Addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs
- Re-entry help for ex-offenders
- Support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs
- A safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse
Call 2-1-1 or 855-567-5341 to speak with a live, highly trained service professional in your area from any cell phone or landline. Or complete the form on this page. All information is private and confidential.
From housing, to help with bills, food and more—211 is here to connect you to help 24/7/365.
Dial 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-211