Donor-advised funds are the fastest-growing charitable giving vehicle because they are the easiest, and most tax-savvy way to give to charities like United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley.
Many of our supporters have found the donor-advised funds to be a very appealing option for managing their charitable goals and making gifts to United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley.
When you give to United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley, you can designate how your gift will be used and create a lasting, meaningful legacy.
Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
what is a donor-advised fund?
A donor-advised fund (DAF) is similar to a charitable investment account that is set up for the sole purpose of supporting charities. Individuals can contribute cash, stocks or other assets into the DAF and receive an immediate tax deduction. Those funds are invested for tax-free growth and the individual can recommend donations to charities of their choice over time.
how does a donor-advised fund work?
- Name United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley as a beneficiary of your donor-advised fund (DAF).
- Designate us to receive all or a portion of the balance of your fund on your passing.
- The balance in your fund passes to United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley when the fund terminates.
- During your lifetime you can also make grants to us from your donor-advised fund.
what are the benefits?
- Support a cause you’re passionate about by making thoughtful, ongoing donations.
- Continue to involve your family in philanthropic decisions.
- Leave a lasting impact on your community.
- Take advantage of tax benefits right away with the option to distribute funds later.
- Combine all of your philanthropic contributions.
- By combining stock gifts to a DAF, you can ensure that your deductions are at or over the required amount.
“We are dedicated to supporting equitable impact. We support United Way because it allows us to actualize impact and ensure outcomes that we want to see in our community.”
Kevin and Skye Greene
Tocqueville Society Members