Across the nation, mental health needs are rising rapidly, creating substantial impacts on all parts of life including physical health, quality of life and even a student’s ability to learn in school.
In fact, the U.S. Surgeon General has described declining mental health among youth as the crisis of our time. Here in the Greater Lehigh Valley:
- 43% of youth report feeling depressed most days,
- 40% of adults report symptoms of depression or anxiety,
- 25% of seniors report feeling isolated from their community, and
- The suicide rate is 34% higher than the state average, with Carbon County reporting the highest suicide rate among veterans in Pennsylvania.
You can help to meet these growing needs and ensure more children, families, older adults and veterans have access to the critical mental health services they need to thrive.
Donate today to provide resources including:
- Student mental health services in United Way Community Schools;
- Programs to combat social isolation among older adults;
- Housing, shelter and case management for veterans;
- In-home services for babies and parents, and more.
Become a United Way donor or increase your donation, and BSI Corporate Benefits will make an additional gift in your honor to support our neighbors’ mental health needs.
All new and increased donations are eligible. To directly support this initiative, make a contribution to the United Way Mental Health Fund.
“Mental health challenges impact every family in our community. Together, we can make a real difference to reduce the mental health stigma and connect everyone with the resources they need.”
Tony and Adrienne DaRe
2023 United Way Campaign Chairs